EDUCATION & SPECIALTY TRAINING:
- Advanced Certified Hypnotist - National Guild of Hypnotists (NGH)
- Certified Hypnotherapist - UP Hypnosis Institute (UPHI)
- Certified Hypnotherapist - International Association of Counselors & Therapists (IACT)
- Certified Hypnotherapist - International Medical & Dental Hypnotherapy Association (IMDHA)
- University of Wisconsin/Whitewater - Bachelor of Business Administration in Sales & Marketing
- Medical Specialist - US Army Veteran
- Silent Regression Certification
- Hypnobirthing Certification
- Professional Stage Hypnotist
- Medical Hypnotherapy (Pain Management, Relief, Panic & Anxiety, IBS, Allergies, Addictions, Migraines, etc.)
- Weight & Diet Management/Exercise Motivation
- Smoking Cessation
- Fears & Phobias
- Stress Related Issues
- Bad Habits (Nail Biting, Teeth Grinding, Hair Pulling, etc.)
- Sleep Issues
- Sports Hypnosis for Professional Athletes
- Personal & Professional Excellence
- Pre & Post-Surgery Medical Hypnosis
- Test Taking Anxiety
- Stress Management
- Self Esteem/Confidence
- Goal Achievement/Overcome Procrastination
- Stress Related Issues
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
Jay Hess has been working successfully with groups and individuals as a coach, advisor, and hypnotherapist for over 20 years – helping them to achieve more than they thought possible. First in the U.S. Army, Jay is devoted to bringing new approaches and discoveries about how to succeed to individuals, families, and businesses. He also works works with professional athletes to improve their focus and confidence. He has hypnotized thousands of individuals (in both Group Seminars & Private Sessions) throughout the USA.
- UP Hypnosis Institute (Professional Associate)
- International Association of Counselors & Therapists (IACT)
- International Medical & Dental Hypnotherapy Association (IMDHA)
- National Guild of Hypnotists (NGH)
- Hypnosis Education Association (HEA)
- Better Business Bureau West Florida (BBB A+ Rating)
Serving The Tampa Bay Area
With In-Office or Skype
For Over 20 Years
HOW TO CHOOSE A HYPNOTIST/HYPNOTHERAPIST:
It is important to choose the right therapist. More than half a million Americans use hypnosis for health reasons every year, but picking the right practitioner can be difficult. Here are a few questions you may want to ask before you choose a qualified hypotist. If you follow the guidelines below your chance of successfully selecting the right hypnotist/hypnotherapist will improve greatly:
- Very few states regulate hypnosis, so ask about a practitioner's training and verify it with credentialing organizations. Professional hypnotists may use a range of different titles, e.g. Consulting Hypnotist, Hypnotherapist, Master Hypnotist etc. which all mean the same thing.
- Ask how long have they been working with clients and do they have a full or part-time hypnosis practice.
- Ask them what experience they have in working with your issue. Whether you want to quit smoking or manage chronic pain, consider picking someone who's been successful using hypnosis for your particular issue.
- Ask what the fee is per session and how long the sessions are. If they hesitate to give the price because they want you to come in for a free consultation to see if you are a good candidate please move on. Usually the intention is to try to sell you several unnecessary sessions when you arrive.
- If the Hypnotist/Hypnotherapist claims a certain success rate, e.g “90% of my clients are successful” you may want to follow-up on this claim by asking more questions.
- If the Hypnotist/Hypnotherapist is offering a guarantee of their work then ask them if this means you will get your money back if you do not achieve your goal. Also if they require you to pay for multiple sessions ahead of time with a lifetime guarantee please move on.
- Spend time getting to know the professional you choose, by phone or in person, before undergoing hypnosis. If you aren't able to connect or just aren't sure about the individual, move on. If you do not feel comfortable then you are very unlikely to have a pleasant and successful experience.
- For hypnosis to be successful you need to build rapport and establish trust. Don't stop seeing other medical or mental health professionals if you're seeing a hypnotherapist who isn't licensed in a health care field.
- When selecting a hypnotist, we suggest that you choose a hypnotist who shows a willingness to understand your issues and concerns. Furthermore, he or she should be willing to answer your questions about his or her experience and qualifications, or about hypnosis in general.
You will find that Jay Hess fulfills all of the above and more. Call Jay now at 727-423-3675 and he will answer any additional questions you may have.
*Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.